Keep North Attleborough Beautiful is recruiting community members for our Litter Buster’s program.
Research has shown that litter attracts litter…
When an area is frequently littered or experiences high levels of illegal dumping, that sends the message that this kind of behavior is acceptable. Conversely, when a local park or an entire community is litter free, that sends a message that littering is unacceptable behavior. Clean communities tend to stay clean, which is why litter prevention and clean up in North Attleborough is so important. If the sight of litter bothers you, please sign up to become a North Attleborough Litter Buster and you can be part of the solution.
Here’s How the Litter Busters Program Works
Simply send us an email at email@example.com and let us know which road (or section of road), park, or other public space you would like to adopt. You can sign up yourself, your family or business. We will provide you with the supplies and tools. You can then venture out and collect any litter that accumulates on your route. All we ask is that you agree to clean up your adopted route at least once every four to six weeks, or more often if you are really motivated.
Here are some important suggestions:
- Wear provided garden gloves to protect your hands.
- It is helpful for you to bring a small to medium bucket/reusable bag to put the trash in. When full it can be emptied into the provided trash bags. Please be sure to fill bags before they are picked up. We are trying to save on the number of bags we distribute.
- Wear brightly colored clothing to increase visibility. If you have a KNAB tee-shirt you might wear it over outside clothing.
- Wearing long pants with socks up over the pants is helpful in areas that might be tick infested or have prickle bushes.
- Avoid contact with poison ivy.
- Boots would be helpful if the weather has been rainy.
- Do not attempt to pick up any hazardous material. Notify KNAB.
- Do not attempt to pick up any large or heavy item. Notify KNAB.
- Do not go back and forth from one side of the street to the other.
- Litter may be picked up from sidewalks, curbs, storm drains and only a few feet into private property.
Reporting Litter Busting Clean Up Details? Click here